Tuesday, June 08, 2010

found.


Remember the rivers the floods?
They were crashing all around.
The trees were turned over,
The houses were broken.
I was laying there.
In the middle on that thunderstorm.
Waiting.

"Have you seen the sun?"
Your voice cried out,
In the middle of the storm.
"What?"
I thought.
You grabbed my hand and pulled me onto your raft.

Broken, was everything around me.
But not you.
We tried to get away from the storm.
But no,
it was too crazy for our small bodies.
So we laid there.
Waiting.

You pulled me close.
We were both shivering in the cold.
What else mattered?
Nothing.
We lost everything.
So we were waiting.
Waiting for death.
Waiting for the storm to stop.
Waiting to stop shivering.

And out of nowhere,
you whispered in my ear,
"i found the sun."
And I was in your arms.
Waiting.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home